After a long hiatus over the holidays (and a little bit beyond), I’m happy to bring back Mosaic Mondays! I have really missed them…
1. Have you signed up for the Food Blogger Cookbook Swap? If you’re a food blogger and have a cookbook that you no longer use and are willing to part with, this swap is for you. In return, you’ll get a cookbook from another blogger that might just become a new favorite. Plus it’s a great way to meet new bloggers! If you’re interested, head over here for more details and to sign up.
2. I shared Eva’s (from Adventures in Cooking) recipe for Melted Hot Chocolate with Sea Salt Whipped Cream last Friday on my Facebook page, but I was dying to tell you about it here too. Because, well…chocolate. And it truly looks like the.best.hot.chocolate. Ever.
3. I’m trying to find the perfect distressed leather tote or large satchel-type bag. I’ve found a few that I love (thank you, Pinterest!), but they’re not being sold anymore…
There’s this beauty…
(Image found via Pinterest; originally for sale from Michael Kors at Macy’s via Polyvore.)
And this one…
(Image found via Pinterest; originally for sale from Campomaggi.)
And what I think might be my favorite…
(Image found via Pinterest; originally for sale from scoutandcatalogue on Etsy.)
But I’m having trouble finding something like this for sale now. Has anyone seen a similar bag? If so, please give me the link in the comments below!
4. I’ve been craving kale like no body’s business lately, and my Pardina Lentil, Green Apple + Kale Salad is my go-to. It’s sure to make anyone swoon over kale…plus, it’s the perfect answer for quick lunches all week long! Also, A Beautiful Mess’ Lemony Kale Salad and Domesticate Me’s Kale Salad with Quinoa, Cranberries, and Toasted Almonds look killer.
5. For those times when you need a quick treat (like for a school party or an office party…or, I don’t know, maybe just a Saturday afternoon), here are two super quick and easy cookie recipes: Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies and Easy Nutella Cookies with Sea Salt. (And bonus, each recipe only has five ingredients.) Both recipes can be found here on Tasty Kitchen!
You wouldn’t believe how fast this scarf was to make! You’ll have it done in less than a week even if you just work on it a little bit before bed each night. Photo from my Instagram feed.
6. What’s your favorite way to relax? I wish I were a bath person, but in reality, I take a bubble bath about once every two years (if I’m lucky). I’m a crocheter – usually just in the airport and waiting room at the doctor’s or dentist’s office – but lately I’ve been crocheting at night a few minutes before bed. Along with a hot cup of chamomile tea, after 15 minutes of crocheting I’m usually relaxed to the point of already drifting off to sleep. If you’ve never tried it, crocheting is super easy to learn and there are tons of helpful videos on YouTube. I’m also excited to try arm-knitting after seeing this fabulous tutorial on The Kurtz Corner.
7. Meat-eaters, what’s your favorite way to eat lamb? It’s Mike’s favorite meat, and I’d like a few new ideas on how to make it for him. Feel free to leave a link to your favorite recipes below!
* * * * *
Tags: Circle Scarf, Crocheting, Easy Nutella Cookies with Sea Salt, Food Blogger Cookbook Swap, Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies, Infinity Scarf, Kale Recipes, Leather Bags, Melted Hot Chocolate with Sea Salt Whipped Cream, Mosaic Mondays, Pardina Lentil Green Apple and Kale Salad, Quick Cookie Recipes, Tasty Kitchen