Baked Goat Brie with Balsamic-Roasted Cherries is a lovely balance of sweet and tangy flavors and creamy texture.
I have had a heck of a time getting my cherry fix this summer. I’ve been so focused on tropical treats like mango and pineapple that my classic summer favorites like cherries, blueberries, and peaches have taken the backseat. But I couldn’t let summer go without giving cherries a moment in the spotlight.
I had a wheel of goat brie (of course any type of brie will work for this recipe) in my fridge and an idea began to take shape. A while back I made deliciously sweet and savory roasted cherries on my other blog Healthy Sweet Eats and served them topped with coconut cream; wanting to put seasonal cherries to good use and thinking about the cheese I had on hand, I came up with this easy recipe.
The jury is still out as to whether the gooey melted cheese or the roasted cherries are the star of this show, but suffice to say they make one fantastic pairing.
More cherry inspiration:
- Cherry Blondies from Marla Meredith
- Cherry Chocolate Smoothie Bowl from Everyday Maven
- Fresh Cherry Turnovers with Cream Cheese Crust from RecipeGirl
- Purslane Salad with Cherries and Peaches from Brooklyn Supper
- Seared Salmon with Fresh Cherry and Charred Poblano Chopped Salad from An Edible Mosaic
- 1 cup whole sweet red cherries, rinsed and pitted
- 1 teaspoon good-quality balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 small pinch sea salt
- 1 small pinch ground black pepper
- 1 (5 to 8 oz) wheel brie cheese (I used Laura Chenel’s goat brie; any type of brie will work)
- For the cherries, preheat the oven to 400F. Stir together the cherries, vinegar, oil, honey, salt, and pepper in an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Spread out the cherries and roast until they’re softened and starting to burst, about 15 to 18 minutes, stirring once halfway through, adding a splash of water if necessary if the bottom of the dish looks too dry (the liquid should be syrupy).
- For the brie, preheat the oven to 350F. Once the oven is preheated, unwrap the brie and place it onto an oven-safe baking dish. Bake 12 minutes.
- Serve the brie warm with the cherries spooned on top along with bread or crackers.