One of my favorites is putting together festive little baskets of homemade treats for our neighbors. People are always so appreciative, and I have so much fun doing it. My niece usually helps me with the baking and then we go door-to-door and hand out the baskets together. It’s something we all look forward to.
If you’re looking for some holiday treat basket ideas, I have you covered.
This year my niece and I had fun with cutout sugar cookies…they are so much fun to make! Sometimes we make star shapes, or tree shapes, or angel shapes. This time we made Christmas light shapes and decorated them with M&M’S® and strung them together with licorice laces. They are adorable for a fun project with kiddos.
Do you have any treat ideas that would be perfect for a festive gift basket? (Feel free to leave a link in the comments!)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (18 oz.) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 11/2 cups prepared vanilla frosting
- 3 cups M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Holiday Blend
- 4 strands red licorice laces
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Knead the flour into the cookie dough until smooth.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. By hand, or using a Christmas light cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
- With a spatula, gently transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Using a drinking straw, press a hole at the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Separate different colors of M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies, and set aside.
- Spread vanilla frosting on top of each cookie. Arrange a solid color of M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies on top of each cookie.
- Let the cookies dry for 30 minutes. Run licorice laces through each hole, connecting the cookies into one continuous strand.
Recipe from Bright Ideas.
Your favorite chocolate candies are bundled up for Winter in festive holiday colors. Available in Milk Chocolate, Peanut, Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Almond, and Pretzel. Holidays are Better with M. Learn More.
Disclosure: Compensation for this post was provided by Mars via Glam Media; however, such compensation did not affect the opinions expressed herein. The opinions expressed herein are my own, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mars.