It’s (already!) Monday again and I hope you had a great weekend, or long weekend for my friends back home in the States celebrating Labor Day!
Here’s what’s on my mind this week…
1. Alyssa (of Everyday Maven) and I have a pretty great BLEND treat for all you smoothie-lovers out there! For the next two days (until 11:59PM EST on September 4th) the coupon code “LaborDay” will take off of 50% all BLEND e-books! That means that The Basics is only $4, Summer Volume 1 is only $5 (I’ll be honest, rebel that I am, I use these recipes year-round…who wouldn’t enjoy deliciousness like a healthy Almond Joy smoothie all the time?!), and for the biggest savings, those two books bundled together are only $7.50! The sale is so short, be sure you take advantage now and don’t miss out!
2. Homemade Maple-Cinnamon Banana-Nut Bread. I made this a while ago and right now it’s all I can think about. If you’re ready for a change from your average banana bread recipe, I highly recommend it. I started with my Best Banana Bread recipe and made a few simple changes: used granulated maple sugar instead of regular sugar; used 1 teaspoon maple extract instead of 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract; increased cinnamon to 2 teaspoons; and added 1 cup chopped walnuts.
3. Chocolate-lovers, you won’t want to miss the Chocolate Party on Roxana’s Home Baking; she’s sharing a new chocolate recipe every other day from now until September 30. (Which happens to be my birthday…what more could a girl ask for than a month of chocolaty treats for her birthday?) Roxana has partnered with some wonderful sponsors to give you the opportunity to win a fabulous prize by submitting your chocolate recipes (and you don’t need to have a blog to participate!). Head over to her chocolate party for more details.
4. Even though it’s 115F outside (sadly I am not kidding), I feel like it should be time for fall. I wish I had use for this gorgeous Cardi Sweater Coat from Victoria’s Secret, or even this adorable Search High and Low Wrap from Krimson & Klover. Anyway, I think I’m going to go with this pretty Clara Peasant Blouse from Anthropologie, which looks fall-like with its rich colors, but still breezy enough for high temps.
5. I’m looking for any tips at all on baking in an electric oven. The last time I had an electric oven was during law school and I really wasn’t doing much baking back then. Now that we’ve moved overseas, I have an electric oven again – and this time I actually will be using it – and I’m trying to get the hang of it. Any tips you can give me are much appreciated!
6. Mike invited his boss to dinner this Friday and has requested I make biryani (he wants Pilaf-Style…but I’m sort-of hoping to convince him that my Beef Biryani Stuffed Inside Basmati Rice would be better!). I also think I’m going to make naan, cauliflower curry, cucumber tomato raita, and vermicelli pudding for dessert. Please feel free to share a link if you have a favorite Indian recipe!
7. Happy Labor Day to all who are celebrating it today! If that’s you, tell me what you’re making.
* * * * *