If you’re like me and have a the-darker-the-better mindset when it comes to chocolate, you’re probably wondering why on earth I used white chocolate to make this drink. I’m with you, trust me, I am.
Although I don’t enjoy white chocolate on its own (it’s just so sweet!), somehow in this drink it really works. Make it and you’ll see what I mean.
- 1 cup whole or reduced-fat milk (or half and half, if you want to be really indulgent)
- 2 oz good-quality white chocolate
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Lots of hipped cream, for topping
- Dark chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Combine the milk, white chocolate, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring up to a simmer, and continue simmering gently 2 minutes, whisking frequently (turn the heat down as necessary to keep it at a simmer).
- Turn the heat off and stir in the vanilla.
- Serve hot, garnished with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings.
If You Like Yours Frothy: Use an immersion blender or carefully pour the hot chocolate into a blender and process until frothy.