Eggplant Dip, one of the many dips that might be found in my fridge at any given time. (Recipe can be found in my book!)
I love taking a peek inside someones fridge.
Im not the only one who is secretly (ok, maybe not so secretly anymore) a little bit nosy about what other people like to eat, am I?
Come on, admit it, you like it too, lol.
If you were to look in my fridge at any given time, heres what youd probably find
Assorted halal lunch meats
Fresh fruits and veggies
Way too many condiments
Assorted olives from the olive bar
Homemade dips, like hummus, eggplant dip, zucchini dip, etc.
Keeping these things on hand makes it easy to put together a delicious assortment at a moments notice. This is perfect for holiday entertaining, when sometimes all you have is a moment of notice before company stops by. And I dont know about you, but I love feeding people if theyre stopping by, Im feeding them something. (Yes, I might be an Italian grandmother – or any grandmother, lol – inside.)
With a fridge stocked with these essentials (that I always have in the fridge because Mike and I eat them regularly anyway), its easy to whip up a tasting platter with a variety of dishes in just a couple minutes.
When company unexpectedly drops in, Mike takes their coats and I dash to the kitchen; heres how it usually goes for me:
- Arrange cheese on a serving dish (I get this out first to take the chill off the cheese before serving).
- Rinse and quickly chop any fresh veggies I have on hand (such as bell pepper, tomato, cucumber, carrot, celery, lettuce, fresh herbs, etc.) and arrange them on a dish. Sometimes I cut everything into thin strips for a normal crudités platter, and sometimes I chop them in more rustic chunks.
- Pour olives into a serving bowl.
- Spread whatever dips are in the fridge into shallow serving dishes; drizzle a little olive oil on top and maybe a sprinkling of fresh minced parsley if I have it on hand.
- Arrange crackers and/or flatbread on a serving platter.
Thats it! By the time the guests have their coats and shoes off and have settled into the living room, I have a pretty nice assortment to serve. And then I get to sit down and relax and enjoy the food and the company even more…happy entertaining!
The LG Blast Chiller, available in the 3-Door Super Capacity French-Door refrigerator (LFX31935), can chill a room temperature, 12 oz beverage in five minutes or a bottle of wine in just eight minutes. By comparison, a typical refrigerator takes about 40 minutes to accomplish this task – even in the freezer. This refrigerator is also among the largest capacity 36-inch refrigerators currently on the market, offering almost 20 percent more space and the ability to store over 50 gallons of milk.
Disclosure: Compensation for this post was provided by LG via Glam Media; such compensation did not influence the opinions expressed herein. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of LG.