These 10+ Deliciously Clever Ways to Use Leftover Turkey or Rotisserie Chicken will help you get dinner on the table quick and show that leftovers don’t have to be boring!
After Thanksgiving dinner (or just any random Tuesday evening you happen to pick up a rotisserie chicken or two on your way home), there are usually serious leftovers to contend with. This is a good thing! Think of leftovers as your own personal chef to help you a meal on the table in a fraction of the time for the next few nights.
But in order to keep the fam happy, you’ll probably have to come up with a few new uses for turkey/chicken; the variations are pretty much endless, including salads, sandwiches, soups, and casseroles. And just an FYI, like a lot of you out there, I typically use roast chicken and turkey interchangeably in recipes based on what I have on hand. Also, in recipes like my savory Camembert turnovers below, I originally used deli turkey, but I’ve had success with leftover roast turkey as well (and oooh, I bet it would be great with leftover smoked turkey if you go the smoking route with your bird on Thanksgiving).
Add these ideas to your repertoire because they’re good to have up your sleeve any time of year!
And some more inspiration from around the web…
- Creamy Turkey Gnocchi Soup from Back to Her Roots
- Leftover Turkey Pho from Cook the Story
- Low-Carb Turkey Casserole with Mushrooms, Mozzarella, and Cauliflower Rice from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Roasted Turkey Potato Chip BLAT with a Poached Egg from How Sweet It Is
- Turkey Corn Chowder from Diethood
- Turkey Shepherd’s Pie from The Hopeless Housewife
- Turkey Tetrazzini with a Crunchy Parmesan Panko Topping from The Wicked Noodle