Make the most out of summer produce while it’s in season by using stone fruit in savory dishes.
In the collage above, clockwise from the top right: Cherry, Grilled Corn, and Quinoa Salad with Arugula and Blue Cheese from Floating Kitchen, Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Dark Cherry Sauce and Hazelnut from An Edible Mosaic, Kale Salad with Peaches, Corn, and Basil-Honey Vinaigrette from Eats Well with Others, Pan-Seared Scallops with Fresh Peach Salsa from An Edible Mosaic, Green Bean Salad with Peaches and Balsamic Bitters Vinaigrette from Brooklyn Supper, and Grilled Salmon with Grilled Peach and Avocado Salsa from The Roasted Root.
Before summer bids us farewell, I say we make the most of it in whatever way matters most to us.
A day trip with the family to the beach, park, or zoo.
Laying in the grass in an open field stargazing under the nighttime summer sky.
Bikeriding, rollerblading, swimming. Whatever it is you like to do outside that you won’t be able to do in a couple months.
And of course eating all of summer’s bounty, starting with stone fruit. Because other than watermelon, stone fruit – in particular, peaches and cherries – are what’s typically in my fruit bowl this time of year. Why not add a little (natural) sweetness in the way of stone fruit to your cooking? These lovely recipes are full of inspiration.
- Apricot Nectarine Caprese Salad from Kitchen Tested
- BBQ Bacon Peach Chicken Turnovers from Melanie Makes
- Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Dark Cherry Sauce and Hazelnut from An Edible Mosaic
- Cherry, Grilled Corn, and Quinoa Salad with Arugula and Blue Cheese from Floating Kitchen
- Cherry Summer Kale Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Chipotle Shrimp Sandwiches with Jalapeno Peach Salsa from NeighborFood
- Fresh Peach, Mango, and Nectarine Salsa from A Cedar Spoon
- Green Bean Salad with Peaches and Balsamic Bitters Vinaigrette from Brooklyn Supper
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Corn, Peaches, Blue Cheese, and Honey-Balsamic Syrup from An Edible Mosaic
- Grilled Cherry and Brie Pizza from Lemons for Lulu
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken and Peaches from Swirls of Flavor
- Grilled Halibut with Peach and Pepper Salsa from Cooking Light
- Grilled Peach Fontina Quesadillas with Optional Chicken from Kitchen Treaty
- Grilled Plumcot Salad with Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette from The View From Great Island
- Grilled Salmon with Grilled Peach and Avocado Salsa from The Roasted Root
- Honey Cornbread Pancakes with Peaches from A Cedar Spoon
- Kale Salad with Peaches, Corn, and Basil-Honey Vinaigrette from Eats Well with Others
- Nectarine Fruit Salsa with Grilled Chicken from Food Faith Fitness
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Fresh Peach Salsa from An Edible Mosaic
- Peach and Brie Grilled Flatbread from Cooking on the Front Burner
- Peach BBQ Sauce from A Girl Worth Saving
- Peach Caprese Salad from The Joyful Foodie
- Peach Ricotta Crostini from Reluctant Entertainer
- Plum Braised Baby Bok Choy from Kitchen Tested
- Roasted Beet and Peach Salad from The Roasted Root
- Savory Roasted Cherries + Cherry Panzanella Salad with an Herby Vinaigrette from With Food + Love
- Slow Cooked Chinese Duck with Plums from Erren’s Kitchen
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken from The Lemon Bowl
- Stone Fruit Panzanella from Eats Well with Others
- Strawberry Tropical Fruit Salad with Strawberry-Ginger Dressing from Spoonful of Flavor
- Summer Peach Caprese Salad from With Salt & Wit
- Summer’s Bounty Chopped Kale Salad with Nectarines + Zesty Lime Vinaigrette from With Food + Love
- Sweet and Spicy Peach, Chicken, Hatch Chile, and Spinach Pizza from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Whipped Feta and Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Whipped Lemon Burrata Crostini with Grilled Shrimp and Peaches from Running to the Kitchen