Epcot International Festival of the Arts at Walt Disney World is a celebration of food, entertainment, and art for the whole family.
One of the coolest things about Epcot is that it has so many festivals going on throughout the year. Because of this, I think it’s one of the most (if not the most!) dynamic theme park experience I’ve ever been to. For each festival, the food and entertainment changes, and this festival in particular has the added bonus of beautiful art.
Snow White’s Wishing Well at the Germany Pavilion
This festival completely amazed me with how unique and captivating the fine artwork is. I’ll be honest, I’m a HUGE Disney fan, but I find it very rare to discover a Disney-themed painting that I would display in my home; however, I found several at the Festival of the Arts! Here are a few that caught my eye…
Artful Photo Opportunites
At this festival, you can literally step into some of the most well-known art pieces from around the world, including Boticelli’s “The Birth of Venus” and Munch’s “The Scream”, and take a picture! Various different photo opportunities are located throughout the World Showcase.
One of things that stands out to me about Disney is that they’re always thinking of family-friendly activities, and this festival is no different! Here are just a few of the cool things available that the whole family will enjoy…
- Help paint the Figment wall (located in the Showcase Plaza)
- Take a look at the imaginative chalk art drawn by artists, and then help create a chalk art masterpiece (located in Future World East)
- Check out the Epcot Living Statues walking around (located in the Fountain View Plaza)
- Discover one-of-a-kind galleries and cultural displays in each country around the world showcase in the Art Walk (located throughout the World Showcase)
Help paint the Figment wall!
You’ll get your own Figment postcard after you help paint the wall.
When I think of the Disney theme parks, I have different go-tos for different reasons. Magic Kingdom is iconic with Cinderella’s Castle; Hollywood Studios has my favorite rides (Tower of Terror all the time!); Epcot is where I go when I want a culinary experience to remember. The Festival of the Arts features not only gourmet dishes, but each is thoughtfully crafted and beautifully presented; they are literally works of art! Here are a few of my favorites…
Red Wine-Braised Beef Short Rib with Parsnip Puree, Broccolini, Baby Tomatoes, and Aged Balsamic (from Cuisine Classique in the Germany Pavilion)
Basil-Scented Salmon Roulade, Purple Rice, and Romesco Sauce (from L’Arte Di Mangiare in the Italy Pavilion)
Deconstructed Reuben with Shredded Corned Beef, Thousand Island Dressing, Pickled Red Cabbage, and a Rye Curl (from The Deconstructed Dish in the Showcase Plaza)
Pan-Seared Scallop with Chorizo, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis, and Parmesan Crisp (from The Artist’s Table in the American Adventure Pavilion)
Sous Vide Poulet Rouge Chicken Roulade with Apples and Sage, Served with Warm Brie Fondue, Blueberry and Beet Gel, Garnished with Apple and Beet Chips (from Pop Eats! in the Showcase Plaza)
Triple Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Crunch, Dark Chocolate Sauce, and Gold Leaf (from The Masterpiece Kitchen in the Canada Pavilion)
- The Disney on Broadway concert series features show-stopping songs from award-winning Disney on Broadway musicals. The series takes place in the America Gardens Theatre, Fridays through Mondays, January 12 to February 19, 2018, and showtimes are 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM.
- The Disney Performing Arts Showcase gives you the opportunity to listen to marching bands and jazz ensembles from some of Central Florida’s best schools (located in the Fountain View Plaza; see Times Guide for show times)
- The Visual Art in Performance lets you watch as renowned Disney artists paint favorite Disney characters onstage, making them magically appear before your eyes in just minutes (located in the Fountain View Plaza; Fridays through Mondays)
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts runs from January 12 through February 19, 2018. Discover all it has to offer for yourself!
Disclosure: I visited the Epcot International Festival of the Arts as a guest of Disney; as always, opinions stated are my own.