I’m a snacker too, so you’re in good company. ;)
Actually, little meals are my mainstay…each day I generally eat about five to six times: three small meals and two snack-type meals. I’ve noticed that this keeps me happy and energized all day long.
For the most part, I try to choose healthy, fairly well-balanced snacks (that way when the weekend rolls around, there’s room for a little indulgence). Here are a few of my favorites (feel free to share your favorites in the comments):
1) A piece of fruit and a small handful of nuts or a spoonful of peanut butter.
2) Yogurt topped with berries, a sprinkle of your favorite granola, and a drizzle of honey.
3) Sliced apple and sharp cheddar.
4) Mixed seeds and nuts. (Mike’s favorite. ;) )
5) A couple of dates filled with cream cheese or peanut butter.
6) Protein-rich puddings, like Eggnog Pudding (yup, I eat this year-round).
7) A couple of hard-boiled eggs.
8) A healthier version of deviled eggs: 2 hard-boiled egg whites filled with the following mixture: 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon yogurt, 1 teaspoon mayo, 1 teaspoon mustard, a dash of Worcestershire, a dash of hot sauce, a pinch of onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika (or any spices you like), any herbs you like, and salt and pepper to taste.
10) Raw veggies with hummus, ricotta cheese, or peanut butter for dipping.
11) A fruit or veggie smoothie.
13) Cottage cheese with fruit. (My bff likes to top her cottage cheese with things like pineapple, peaches, or blueberries, but I’m really not a fan of sweet things in my cottage cheese. Savory I can do though; I love cottage cheese topped with cherry tomatoes and scallions or chives.)
14) A small handful of raw nuts mixed with half a handful of dried fruit and a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips.
15) Skinny Caramel Hot Cocoa and a small handful of raw nuts.
16) Sliced deli turkey or cheese rolled up with mustard, lettuce, tomato, and onion (or any veggies you like!).
17) A handful of Sweet & Spicy Roasted Nuts.
18) Popcorn made with coconut oil and sprinkled with sea salt.19) A quick “baked” apple – core and chop an apple, drizzle on a little honey, sprinkle on some cinnamon, and then microwave until warm.
20) A piece of dark chocolate with a small handful of raw nuts.
21) Healthy muffins, like Honey-Nut Banana Muffins.
Another great snack is Activia. New Activia Harvest Picks is a deliciously fruity and silky smooth yogurt. You will enjoy a Harvest of real fruit in every silky spoonful.