We had a wonderful time with my family in Florida. Even though the weather was a little chilly (only averaging in the 50s) it was still much warmer than New York…and the best part is we didn’t see a flake of snow! Here are some of the highlights…
When we left New York…
When we got to Florida…the ocean…
My law school alma mater…
Orlando and its theme parks…
I recently received the Beautiful Blogger award from Dorothy at Kitchen Koala. If you haven’t done so yet, be sure to check out her blog. Dorothy is a fantastic cook (and baker!) and she’s got a great sense of humor and outlook on life. Thank you so much for passing this award on to me, Dorothy!
Instructions for the award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Paste the award on your blog.
3. Link the person who nominated you for the award.
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself.
5. Nominate 7 bloggers or less.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated.
I’m running out of things about myself to tell you guys (lol!), but here are 7 (hopefully) interesting things:
1. On vacation I just bought 6 new cookbooks (I know, obsessed much? ;) )…each cookbook is dedicated to a different cuisine from around the world.
2. My favorite painting is Van Gogh’s Starry Night.
3. I love the rain, but only in warm weather.
4. When I was a kid my favorite meal was spaghetti and meatballs.
5. My eyes are a light green/blue color. (Closest to “seafoam” if you have a Crayola box of crayons.)
6. My hair is poker-straight, but I’ve always wanted curly. (The grass is always greener on the other side, right?)
7. My ideal evening involves chocolate, a crackling fire, a good movie, and my hubby. :)
I would like to pass this award on to the following fabulous bloggers (ok, so I did 8 :) ):
1. Lorraine of Not Quite Nigella
2. Marla of Family Fresh Cooking
3. Chaya of Sweet and Savory
4. Erica of My Columbian Recipes
5. Nicole of Prevention RD
6. Holly of The Healthy Everythingtarian
7. Karine of Food Gourmand
8. Karyn of French Charming
My next post will be an exciting one…I’ll be reviewing one of the wonderful restaurants we enjoyed on vacation and I’ll be hosting a giveaway. Stay tuned! :)