I was thrilled when the lovely and très chic Heavenly Housewife (of From Donuts to Delirium) nominated my blog to participate in My 7 Links and share seven of my all-time favorite posts in different categories. The goal of My 7 Links is “to unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.” After that I get to nominate five other bloggers to do the same. Sounds like fun, right? (Thank you for nominating me, Heavenly! For any of you who haven’t checked out her site, I encourage you to do so. She is a world-class traveler with impeccable taste. Plus she loves bagels and makes the most perfect madeleines ever…truly a girl after my own heart!)
So, here are my seven…
1. Most beautiful post…Fudgy Brownies! Boy were they tasty, but I had no idea they would be so photogenic, lol!
2. Most popular post…Raw Brownie Batter. I’m a cookie dough/batter fiend (no shame in that, people!) and it looks like I’m in good company, since this has been my most popular post for quite some time now. (For more raw dough ideas see my raw desserts page.)
3. Most controversial post…Old Damascus and a Few Other Places Around Syria. The post itself isn’t controversial, but there is so much controversy in Syria right now…please keep the Syrian people in your thoughts and prayers.
4. Most helpful post…How To Make Herb & Spice Blends.
I took this picture in a spice market in Damascus.
5. Most surprisingly successful post…Cheeseburger Pie! I knew it was a creative and tasty way to use leftovers, but I really had no idea you all would love it so much!
6. Most overlooked post…Chicken with Cherry Sauce. Everything about this meal was incredible…the exotic spices, the sweet/savory flavor combination, and even my romantic inspiration for it.
7. Post I am most proud of…My Macaron Story. It took me over a year to perfect my French macaron-making! I share my story and everything I learned along the way.
Even though I’m only passing this on to five bloggers, please feel free to leave a comment with a link to your favorite post on your blog!