I’ve really missed Mosaic Mondays for the past couple of weeks since I had different posts lined up. It’s good to get back to it!
Here’s what’s going on…
1. If you are an athlete or even if you just workout regularly, this tip is a lifesaver. A couple years ago I was getting charley horses (the terrible muscle cramp that makes you scream in pain) in my calves all the time, especially during the night. I did a little research to see what could be causing the problem, and I came to the conclusion that for me, it was most likely due to overexertion while exercising or mineral deficiency. So I did a little more research and found several sources saying that drinking organic raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar every day can alleviate that. I’ve heard good things about ACV in general, so I decided to give it a try…within a month my charley horses were gone and I haven’t had one since. Every day I drink one tablespoon of organic raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar diluted in at least a cup of water. If you’re interested, you can read more about using apple cider vinegar to alleviate charley horses on WebMD and Livestrong. Just a heads-up, I’m also working on a more detailed post about my ACV use, so stay tuned! (Note: I am NOT a doctor or medical practitioner of any kind. Nothing in this post should be construed as medical advice; I am merely recounting personal experience in case it might benefit anyone else. If you need medical advice you should immediately seek a physician’s care.)
Thai Eggplants from my Instagram Feed
2. Why are teensy-tiny, baby-sized fruits and vegetables so darn adorable?! Those little Thai eggplants are cute enough to eat…so I did. ;)
Butterscotch Pecan smoothie from BLEND; the full recipe can be found here.
3. Do you have BLEND: Holiday Volume 1 yet? (It’s only $3.99!!) I’ve been on a real Butterscotch Pecan smoothie kick lately and I have absolutely nothing to say for myself. Actually, I’m pretty giddy over the fact that it tastes like ice cream, but isn’t. (Smoothies are my savior.) And don’t forget to enter our fabulous giveaway in celebration of the launch!
4. I don’t know if it’s because I was craving cheese or what, but after seeing i am a food blog’s Turkey Parmesan Meatballs, I just couldn’t get them out of my head. Meatballs never looked so good.
5. Have you seen the blog Krew I Mleko? Her style of photography is…surreal. It is so incredibly beautiful. She has a way of finding the beauty in something and pulling it out in unexpected ways. I mean, I’ve always known figs were beautiful, but just look at her photos of them. And the way she makes a regular meal look like, well, real art is so inspiring. Look at this salmon dish with grapefruit salad. Her blog is in Polish, but you can use Google Translator if you want…and honestly, her stunning pictures are worth 1,000,000 words.
6. If you’re a fan of Moroccan flavors, you will not want to miss Andy Harris’ recipe for Lamb, Artichoke, & Broad Bean Tagine from his beautiful cookbook A Month in Marrakesh. The full recipe can be found here on Culinary Covers!
7. I don’t know about you, but I am not even a little pumpkined-out yet. In fact, I’m absolutely swooning over The Urban Poser’s Spiced Pumpkin Chiffon Cups with Vanilla Maple Whipped Cream. And the fact that they’re paleo is just icing on the cake. They are gorgeous!
* * * * *
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items, which helps me keep this site alive – thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!