Herbed Eggs Baked in Cream with Feta
Herbed Eggs Baked in Cream with Feta makes a stunning brunch; it's perfect for Sunday morning or a special occasion like Mother’s Day! It's naturally gluten free and low carb.
Servings 1 serving
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 small onion
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced herbs such as parsley, dill, scallion, etc.
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat the oven to 400. Butter a 12-ounce gratin dish.
Heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more, stirring constantly. Spread this mixture into the bottom of the prepared gratin dish.
Pour the cream on top of the sautéed onion, and carefully crack in the eggs. Sprinkle on the feta, half of the herbs, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Bake until the egg whites are set and the yolk is cooked to your desired level, about 10 to 14 minutes (the eggs pictured here were cooked for about 17 minutes for ever-so-slightly-soft yolks).
Sprinkle on the remaining half of the fresh herbs, and serve.
- Net Carbs: 7g per serving (whole recipe is 1 serving)
- To cook eggs over medium in this recipe for Herbed Eggs Baked in Cream with Feta, around 12 minutes at 400F is perfect.
- This recipe is easy to adjust up to feed more! If you’re making this for a crowd, you can cook this in a large dish instead of 12-ounce ramekins if you prefer.
Calories: 489kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 454mg | Sodium: 535mg | Potassium: 250mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2340IU | Vitamin C: 13.6mg | Calcium: 267mg | Iron: 2.3mg