Best Banana Bread Recipe
Moist and fluffy-textured and scented with banana, vanilla, and a touch of cinnamon, this really is the Best Banana Bread Recipe!
Servings 12 servings
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray the inside of an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with coconut oil spray.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
Beat together the sugar and butter in a large bowl, and then beat in the eggs. Once combined, beat in the mashed banana, yogurt, vanilla extract, vanilla bean paste, and almond extract.
Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and stir to combine, being careful not to over-mix.
Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or with just a couple crumbs.
Cool 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack; remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Recipe adapted slightly from Cooking Light's recipe for Classic Banana Bread.
- I use an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan to make this recipe - it's the perfect size!
- This loaf is wonderful in its simplicity, but if you’re in the mood to jazz up the flavor a little bit you could add nuts and/or increase the amount of cinnamon.
- Serving Size and Nutritional Information: This recipe makes 1 loaf. Cut the loaf into 12 slices and each slice is 1 serving.
- Mini Loaves: This recipe makes 3 mini loaves (5 3/4 inches long by 3 inches wide by 2 inches deep), and they take between 35 to 40 minutes to cook at 350F.
- Muffins: This recipe makes 12 muffins, and they take between 25 to 30 minutes to cook at 350F.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 183IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg