Burrata Peach Salad with Bacon, Butter Lettuce, Basil, and Pistachio
Burrata Peach Salad with Bacon, Butter Lettuce, Basil, and Pistachio is a lovely balance of sweet and savory flavors, and creamy and crunchy textures.
Servings 3 servings
- 1 medium head butter lettuce leaves torn off the head
- 6 ounces ball of fresh burrata cheese
- 1 medium ripe peach thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons pistachios chopped
- 2 slices crisped bacon crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
Arrange the lettuce on the bottom of a platter.
Cut the burrata into 3 pieces and place them on top of the lettuce.
Arrange the peach slices and shallot around the lettuce.
Sprinkle the pistachios and bacon on top.
Drizzle on the olive oil and white wine vinegar, and sprinkle on the fresh basil leaves.
- Net Carbs: 7g per serving
- The bacon in this recipe is used mainly for salty flavor, although it also adds a bit of crunchy texture. You can use whatever kind of bacon you like; beef bacon is my favorite. If you use turkey bacon, cook it down in a bit of olive oil. Or to keep this dish vegetarian, omit the bacon and instead sprinkle a bit of sea salt on top.
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 709IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 308mg | Iron: 1mg