Easy Low Carb Chile Relleno Dip (15 Minute Dip Recipe)
With three kinds of cheese and green chilies, this gooey low carb Chile Relleno Dip takes the cheese factor to the extreme and packs a punch of flavor!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 8 ounce cream cheese cubed and at room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon taco spice mix
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar divided
- 7 ounce can of Rio Luna Large Chopped Green Chiles liquid drained
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco or cotija cheese
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
Heat the butter in a 6-inch broiler-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, and taco spice, and turn the heat down to medium-low. Cook, whisking constantly, until the cream cheese is melted in.
Whisk in 1 1/2 cups of shredded white cheddar a handful at a time, reserving 1/2 cup for topping.
Once the cheddar is mixed in and the cheese mixture is smooth, turn off the heat, stir in the green chiles, and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar and the queso fresco on top.
Broil until the cheese is melted and browned slightly.
Sprinkle on the scallion and serve.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 105mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 0.6mg