Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
For those of you who love cozying up to a bowl of broccoli cheddar soup, my Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe will become a regular in your dinner rotation! It’s creamy and rich with savory cheesy flavor and the perfect amount of broccoli. The only thing that’s missing are the carbs!
Servings 5 servings
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion finely diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature and cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 2 oz shredded cheddar divided
- 1 scallion green and white parts, for garnish
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
Stir in the chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper. Turn the heat up and bring to a boil, and then turn the heat back down to a simmer.
Whisk in the cream cheese a little at a time until the broth is smooth.
Stir in the broccoli and cook until warm, about 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat and stir in half the cheese.
Serve the soup with the remaining cheese and the scallion sprinkled on top.
- Net Carbs: 10g per serving
- Using cream cheese instead of flour and cream yields thick, creamy texture and has the added bonus of increasing the protein in this soup!
- This soup is freezer-friendly and great for meal prep. I portion it out into individual-sized servings and then pop them in the freezer.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 559mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 915IU | Vitamin C: 26.3mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 0.8mg