Leftover Steak Soup Recipe
If you have leftover steak on hand, whip up this easy, flavorful Leftover Steak Soup Recipe in just 30 minutes! It's naturally low carb and keto, and with sweet paprika and caraway seeds it's reminiscent of Gulaschsuppe, which is a classic dish in Germany and Hungary.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 cup cooked steak chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cooked chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup cooked chopped onion chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons sour cream for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley for garnish
Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once melted, add the garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the beef stock, Worcestershire, sweet paprika, thyme, salt, black pepper, caraway seeds, steak, mushrooms, and onion.
Turn the heat up and bring to a boil, and then cover the saucepan, turn the heat down to simmer, and cook 10 minutes.
Serve the soup topped with sour cream and parsley.
- Net Carbs: 3g per serving
- Paleo Version: Use avocado oil or ghee instead of butter. Omit the sour cream garnish.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 372mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 780IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 2mg