Pizza Dip Recipe
This easy Pizza Dip Recipe is super cheesy and packed with flavor! It’s sure to be a favorite appetizer at your next party or gathering.
Servings 10 servings
Chunky Tomato Sauce:
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the tomato, tomato paste, Italian herb seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper, and cook (uncovered) until thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently and using a wooden spoon to break up the tomato pieces a bit.
Preheat oven to 400F; grease the bottom and sides of an 8 by 8-inch square casserole dish or a 9-inch pie pan with butter.
Mix together the cream cheese, ricotta, half the mozzarella (reserving the remaining half to sprinkle on top), Italian herb seasoning, salt, and garlic powder.
Spread in the prepared dish, then spread the Chunky Tomato Sauce on top.
Sprinkle on the remaining half of the mozzarella.
Place the dish onto a foil-lined baking sheet and bake (uncovered) until the cheese is warm throughout, bubbling, and golden brown in places, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Net Carbs: 6g net carbs per serving
- Nutrition information for this recipe was calculated for the dip alone, it doesn't include crackers or bread.
- This recipe for Chunky Tomato Sauce yields about 1 cup, which is the amount you’ll need to make this Pizza Dip.
- If you’re in a real time crunch you can use store-bought chunky tomato sauce instead of making your own sauce.
How to Freeze Pizza Dip:
- Once the dip is made, before baking, wrap this dip in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
- Label it (with the date and contents), and transfer it to the fridge for up to 3 months.
How to Heat Frozen Pizza Dip:
- The night before you want to serve this, let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Bake the dip as directed. Place the dish onto a foil-lined baking sheet and bake (uncovered) until the cheese is warm throughout, bubbling, and golden brown in places, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 523mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 795IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 1mg