Winter Salad Recipe with Kale and Pomegranate
This Winter Salad Recipe with Kale and Pomegranate is full of deep, rich colors thanks to winter produce. It has a great balance of creamy and crunchy textures, and sweet, salty, tart, and nutty flavors!
Servings 4 servings
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 2 pears thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup pistachios shelled and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces queso fresco cubed or crumbled
- This salad recipe yields 4 side dish servings or 2 main course servings.
- When you’re putting together a salad, choose ingredients that provide different flavors and textures! For example, here I used pistachios for crunch and queso fresco for creaminess.
- Instead of queso fresco, you could use crumbled goat cheese or crumbled feta cheese here.
- Use any type of dark fruit preserves you like in this salad dressing! Red currant is also one of my favorites.
- To make this salad a bit heartier, add roasted winter squash, cooked quinoa, or crusty bread.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 402mg | Potassium: 769mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 10323IU | Vitamin C: 127mg | Calcium: 327mg | Iron: 2mg