Apple Walnut Rainbow Swiss Chard Salad
This Apple Walnut Rainbow Swiss Chard Salad Recipe features sweet crisp apples, crunchy toasted walnuts, and colorful rainbow Swiss chard dressed with a honey apple vinaigrette.
Servings 6 servings
- 4 cups Swiss chard thinly sliced
- 2 medium apples washed, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 large rib celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion thinly sliced (or 4 scallions, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted and coarsely chopped
Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl.
Toss in all salad ingredients except the walnuts.
Transfer the salad to a serving bowl, sprinkle the walnuts on top, and serve.
- Net Carbs: 10g per serving
- Low Carb Version: Omit the honey in the dressing and use 5 drops liquid stevia instead.
- Make this salad your own by changing out the greens and the fruit for whatever you like. For example, kale + pear is another favorite of mine.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1531IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg