Warm Caramelized Leek Pasta Salad with Bacon and Goat Cheese
This Warm Pasta Salad Recipe with Caramelized Leek, Bacon, and Goat Cheese is an elevated pasta salad that’s worthy of entertaining with.
Servings 6 servings
- 8 ounces penne pasta cooked to al dente according to the package directions
- 4 slices beef bacon chopped (add 2 tablespoons avocado oil if using turkey bacon)
- 2 leeks white and light green parts only, thinly sliced and rinsed well
- 1 cup button mushrooms quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Add the beef bacon to a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil, leaving the drippings in the pan.
Add the leeks and mushrooms to the pan the bacon was cooked in, and cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables are softened and just starting to turn golden brown in spots, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the bell pepper and garlic and cook over medium-high 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the wine, salt, black pepper, and al dente pasta. Turn the heat up to high and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is evaporated, about 2 minutes.
Transfer the pasta salad to a serving dish and top with the crumbled goat cheese, crisped bacon, and fresh parsley.
- You could add a generous handful of artichoke hearts to this Warm Pasta Salad Recipe to get in another vegetable.
- Once you cook the pasta to al dente, pour it in a sieve and rinse it under cool running water to cool it down fast so it stops cooking. You don't want it over-cooked! The pasta will soften a bit more as it cooks with the wine.
- Store this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. If possible, it's best to wait to add the goat cheese, crisped bacon, and fresh parsley until right before serving.
- You can reheat this Warm Pasta Salad on the stovetop. Add a splash of water or chicken stock if it looks dry.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 279mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1286IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2mg