Pico de Gallo Recipe (Mexican Salsa Fresca)
Pico de Gallo Recipe (also called Mexican Salsa Fresca) takes just 10 minutes to make and transforms a few ordinary ingredients into a bright-flavored fresh salsa that you can pair with everything from tacos to tortilla chips, or just eat with a spoon.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 medium-sized yellow or white onion diced small
- 1 serrano pepper minced (more or less to taste)
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl.
Serve, or store covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- If you can’t find serrano chili peppers, you can use jalapeno instead. Note that serranos are quite a bit hotter than jalapenos, so adjust accordingly.
Calories: 23kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 513IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg