Lentil Salad Recipe with Herbed Goat Cheese and Balsamic Vinaigrette
This Lentil Salad Recipe with Herbed Goat Cheese and Balsamic Vinaigrette is a delicious and impressive-looking but easy-to-make salad that packs a ton of nutrition!
Servings 4 servings
- 2/3 cup dried brown lentils or 1 (15 oz/425 g can no-salt-added brown lentils, rinsed and drained)
- 4 cups water
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt slightly scant
- 4 ounces baby spinach about 4 cups
Herbed Goat Cheese:
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 4 ounces log goat cheese sliced into 8 slices
Sort through the lentils to remove any small stones or pieces of dirt, and then rinse with cold water in a colander. Bring the rinsed lentils and the water up to a boil in a lidded medium saucepan. Cover the saucepan, turn the heat down to a simmer, and cook until the lentils are tender but not mushy, about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally; strain.
Whisk together all ingredients for the Balsamic Vinaigrette; set aside.
Combine the parsley and chives in a small dish. Roll each slice of goat cheese in the herbs; set aside.
Mix together the lentils, onion, tomato, parsley, salt, and Balsamic Vinaigrette.
To serve, arrange the spinach on 4 plates. Mound the lentil salad on top of the spinach, and top each with 2 slices of goat cheese.
- Cook up these lentils up to 5 days ahead and store them covered in the fridge! Or if you're really pressed for time, use canned brown lentils instead.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 303mg | Potassium: 624mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3646IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 4mg