Easy Restaurant Style Salsa Recipe (Paleo)
This paleo Restaurant Style Salsa Recipe combines fire-roasted canned tomatoes with fresh onion, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, and cilantro for a salsa that’s as easy to make as it is flavorful!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 small sweet onion peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic peeled and halved
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers halved lengthwise and seeds removed (use about 1/2 jalapeno for “mild” heat level)
- 14.5 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes with juices
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- A handful of fresh cilantro
Add the onion, garlic, and jalapeno to a food processor and process until finely chopped.
Add the tomatoes, lime juice, cumin, salt, and black pepper and pulse a few times until it looks like salsa.
Add the fresh cilantro and pulse to combine.
Taste and add additional salt, black pepper, jalapeno peppers, or lime juice as desired.
Serve, or for best flavor, refrigerate an hour before serving.
- Net Carbs: 3g per serving (1/4 cup)
- This recipe makes about 2 cups of salsa, which is 8 servings. Each serving is 1/4 cup.
- Store this salsa in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 19kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 224IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg