Cheesy Loaded Cauliflower Mash Recipe
This Cheesy Loaded Cauliflower Mash Recipe is a low carb alternative to steakhouse-style loaded mashed potatoes. It’s rich and creamy, and perfect paired with steak or chicken.
Servings 3 servings
- 1/2 pound cauliflower cut into large florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 slices turkey bacon diced
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces cheddar shredded (divided)
- 1 scallion green and white parts, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 400F; get out a 12-oz gratin dish.
Add the cauliflower to a medium saucepan and cold water to cover. Cover the saucepan, bring to a boil, and then turn the heat down to simmer until the cauliflower is soft but not mushy, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
Meanwhile, crisp the bacon. Add the butter to a small to medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey bacon and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Add the cauliflower, cream cheese, heavy cream, onion powder, salt and black pepper to a food process and puree until smooth. Stir in 3/4 of the bacon and 1/2 of the cheddar. Spoon the mixture into the gratin dish.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 of the bacon and 1/2 of the cheddar on top and bake until warm and bubbling, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Sprinkle the scallion on top and serve.
- Net Carbs: 4g per serving
- To Make This Ahead: Complete steps 1 through 4. Store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days before sprinkling the remaining bacon and the cheese on top and baking.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 516mg | Potassium: 308mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 747IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 1mg