Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
With a base of mostly yogurt, this Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe is lower in calories and fat, but still has all the flavor! A sprinkle of goat cheese (or feta) and fresh herbs really take the taste up a notch.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound Persian cucumbers or Kirby cucumbers or English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt or labneh or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Toss the cucumber, onion, and salt together in a large bowl; cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the fridge for at least 1 hour (or up to 4 hours) so the salt can draw out the cucumber’s water.
Mix together the yogurt, Greek yogurt, mayo, and dill.
When you’re ready to serve, stir the yogurt mixture into the cucumber mixture.
Transfer the salad to a serving dish and sprinkle the goat cheese and parsley on top. Drizzle on the olive oil and sprinkle on the black pepper.
- Net Carbs: 7g per serving
- You can use feta instead of goat cheese if you prefer.
- Instead of using a mix of regular yogurt, Greek yogurt, and mayo, you can just use 1/2 cup sour cream.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 454IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1mg