Cilbir (Turkish Eggs Recipe)
This 15-minute Turkish Eggs Recipe (Cilbir) pairs creamy garlicky yogurt, spiced butter, poached eggs, and fresh dill for a meal that’s satisfying for breakfast or any meal of the day.
Servings 1 serving
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt at room temperature
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs poached
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Spread the Garlic Yogurt out in a shallow bowl.
Place the poached eggs on top of the Garlic Yogurt.
Drizzle the Spiced Butter on top, and sprinkle on the dill.
Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper as desired.
- Net Carbs: 6g per serving (whole recipe)
- How to Poach Eggs: Fill a shallow saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of water and bring to a boil. Add 1/2 tablespoon distilled vinegar or apple cider vinegar, and turn the heat down to medium to medium-low so it’s simmering. Crack each egg into a small bowl 1 at a time, and gently slip the egg into the water. Cook until the eggs reach your desired level of runniness, about 3 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon, patting the bottom with paper towels to absorb the liquid.
- Aleppo Pepper: The Spiced Butter is traditionally made with Aleppo pepper. If you can find it (or if you want to buy Aleppo pepper on Amazon), use it instead of the sweet paprika + cayenne pepper.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 378mg | Sodium: 603mg | Potassium: 262mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1350IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 2mg