Garlic and Chive Cottage Cheese Dip Recipe
Easy to whip up with minimal ingredients, this creamy, flavorful Garlic and Chive Cottage Cheese Dip Recipe is great to keep on hand for snacking.
Servings 5 servings
- 4 large cloves of garlic not peeled
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus 1 pinch
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper plus 1 pinch
- 1 1/4 cups cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives plus more for garnish if desired
Preheat oven to 375F.
Place the unpeeled garlic cloves in the center of a square of foil. Drizzle on the oil and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Wrap up the garlic cloves in the foil, and then place the foil package onto a baking sheet or an oven-safe casserole dish. Roast until the garlic is completely soft and light caramel in color, about 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely and then peel the garlic cloves.
Add the cottage cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and the roasted garlic to a food processor. Process until it reaches your desired consistency (I like it pureed, but with a little texture instead of completely smooth), scraping down the sides as necessary. Add the chives and pulse a couple times to combine.
You can serve it immediately, or refrigerate for up to 3 days because it’s even more delicious after it sits for a couple days and the flavors blend.
- Net Carbs: 2g per serving (1/4 cup)
- You can use ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese in this recipe.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 308mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 126IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg