Keto BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
Satisfy your craving for barbeque with this Keto BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe while using up leftovers in the fridge! Sweet and tangy BBQ sauce, sharp cheddar, garlicky pickles, smoky bacon, creamy avocado, and homemade keto croutons make this salad a winner.
Servings 2 servings
- 2 slices beef bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup leftover chopped or shredded chicken or turkey
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free BBQ sauce
- 3 cups chopped lettuce or baby spinach
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cut into small cubes
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle chips
- 1/2 cup keto croutons optional; recipe from the Keto Bread cookbook
- 2 tablespoons Low Carb Ranch Dressing
Cook the bacon in a small skillet over medium to medium-high heat until crispy, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and cool slightly.
Stir together the chicken or turkey and BBQ sauce in a small bowl.
To arrange the salads, add the lettuce to the bottom of a large salad bowl. Place the bacon, bbq chicken, cheese, avocado, onion, tomato, pickles, and croutons (if using) on top.
Serve along with ranch dressing.
- Net Carbs: 7g per serving (1/2 salad)
- The keto croutons are optional, and they are not included in the nutritional information for this recipe. The recipe for keto croutons is from the Keto Bread cookbook.
Serving: 0.5salad | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 677mg | Potassium: 655mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4628IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 2mg