Marinated Mozzarella Balls Recipe
This easy 10-minute Marinated Mozzarella Balls Recipe combines fresh mozzarella, herbs, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes with extra-virgin olive oil for a flavorful pairing that’s as elegant as it is delicious.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh Italian parsley aka flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese balls drained of water and patted dry with a paper towel
Stir the garlic, rosemary, oregano, parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and oil together in a medium bowl.
Add the cheese balls and give them a gentle toss to coat.
Pour everything into a pint-sized (2 cup capacity) glass jar.
Gently press the cheese balls down to submerge them in oil.
Cover the jar and transfer to the fridge.
Let the cheese marinate for at least 1 hour.
- This will keep for up to 1 week stored covered in a glass jar in the fridge.
- Feel free to play with the fresh herbs to suit your tastes.
- These Marinated Mozzarella Balls are delicious served with a splash of balsamic vinegar or drizzled with balsamic reduction.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 431mg | Potassium: 43mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 297mg | Iron: 1mg