Baked Apple Doughnuts Recipe with Apple Cider Glaze or Cinnamon Sugar
This Baked Apple Cider Donuts recipe makes doughnuts that are moist, full of apple flavor, and sweetly scented with warm spices. You can top them with an apple cider glaze or cinnamon sugar coating. And this recipe takes just 30 minutes from start-to-finish!
Servings 10 servings
Apple Cider Glaze Option:
- Butter to grease the donut pans
For the Doughnuts:
Preheat the oven to 350F. Generously grease 2 doughnut pans with butter. (Or cook the doughnuts in 2 batches if you only have 1 pan.)
Whisk together the brown sugar, egg, oil, apple cider, grated apple, and vanilla in a large bowl.
Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger all at once and use a wooden spoon to stir just until combined, being careful not to over-mix.
Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pans (you should get about 10 doughnuts). Bake until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean or with just a couple crumbs, about 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the trays once halfway through baking.
Let the doughnuts cool for 15 minutes in the tray, then run a paring knife along the outside of each doughnut. Invert the tray onto a wire rack and the doughnuts should come right out. Let the doughnuts finish cooling on a wire rack.
For the Apple Cider Glaze Option:
For the Cinnamon Sugar Option:
- Recipe Yield and Serving Size: This recipe makes 10 donuts; each serving is 1 donut.
- Nutritional Information: The nutrition information for each donut was calculated without the optional apple cider glaze or cinnamon sugar coating.
- Apple Pie Spice Mix: You can use 1 1/2 teaspoons of apple pie spice instead of the cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- Whole Wheat Flour Substitution: Instead of using 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, you can use 1 cup whole wheat flour.
- Storage: Like all donuts, these are best eaten the same day they’re made. However, you can store them in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. After the first day I like to heat these donuts for about 15 seconds in the microwave before eating.
Serving: 1donut | Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg