Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is rich and creamy, laced with warm spices, and has a sweet earthy flavor that’s enhanced with a touch of brown sugar. It’s the perfect fall soup, and the best part is, it’s made from start-to-finish in the Instant Pot with just 15 minutes of hands-on prep time!
Servings 8 servings
Turn the Instant Pot on, press “Sauté”, and wait 2 minutes for the pot to heat up.
Add the butter and once melted, add the onion and butternut squash and cook until the squash is golden in spots, about 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Press “Cancel” to stop sautéing.
Add the vegetable stock, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves, and give it a stir. Turn the pot on Manual, High Pressure for 8 minutes, and then do a quick release.
Carefully puree the soup using an immersion blender, or let it cool slightly and use a regular blender working in batches if it doesn’t all fit at once. Stir in the heavy whipping cream.
Serve with any garnishes you like.
- This recipe makes about 8 cups, or 8 (1-cup) servings.
- Nutrition information was calculated without the optional garnishes.
- Store this soup in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer.
- For instructions on how to make this recipe in a slow cooker or on the stovetop, please see the post above.
- Instead of the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves, you can use 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- For deeper flavor, use chicken stock instead of vegetable stock.
- Paleo Version: Use coconut oil or ghee instead of butter; coconut sugar instead of brown sugar; and coconut milk instead of heavy whipping cream.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 893mg | Potassium: 630mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 18788IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1mg