Watermelon Salad Skewers Appetizer
This Watermelon Salad Skewers Appetizer is sweet, salty, and savory with fresh juicy watermelon, tomato, basil, and feta. It's perfect for packing on your next summer picnic!
Servings 8 servings
Sweet and Spicy White Wine Reduction:
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 32 basil leaves
- 2 slices watermelon cut into 1-inch cubes (you'll need 16 cubes for this recipe)
- 8 oz feta cut into 16 cubes
For the white wine reduction, add all ingredients to a small skillet over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook until it’s reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 7 to 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and then cool to room temperature.
For the skewers, thread a cherry tomato onto a skewer, and then a basil leaf, feta cube, basil leaf, and then watermelon cube. Repeat until you have 16 skewers.
Right before serving, drizzle the white wine reduction on top.
- This recipe makes 16 skewers; each serving is 2 skewers for a total of 8 servings.
- Dry White Wine: If you don’t use wine, you can use white grape juice instead and omit the sugar. Or to save time, just use balsamic glaze instead.
- Store these in an airtight food storage container in the fridge for up to 1 day. Wait to drizzle the white wine reduction on top until right before you want to serve them.
Serving: 2skewers | Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 322mg | Potassium: 189mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 778IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 1mg