This 5-minute Mango Lassi pairs sweet mango with creamy, tangy yogurt, a hint of honey, a pinch of cardamom, and a little bit of saffron.
Servings 2 servings
Optional Flavorings (choose 1 if desired):
Add all ingredients for the mango lassi to a blender. If using, add optional flavoring. Pulse a few times, and then puree until smooth and creamy. Add a splash of water if necessary to thin it out.
Serve immediately with any toppings you like.
- Nutrition information for this recipe was calculated without the optional flavorings or toppings.
- If you use thin yogurt (not thick Greek-style yogurt) you probably won’t need to thin out the lassi with water.
- I like to use frozen mango chunks for this so that the drink is extra cold and refreshing without getting watered down. If you prefer, you could use fresh mango chunks and add a handful of ice.
- You can easily flash-freeze mango. To do so, peel and chop very ripe mango. Spread it out evenly on a large baking tray lined with parchment paper. Freeze until solid, about 3 hours. Use or transfer the frozen mango chunks to a freezer-safe container and put back in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you don’t have saffron, you can use 1/16 teaspoon ground turmeric instead.
Serving: 0.5of recipe | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 1014IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 1mg