Ramen Noodle Salad
With toasted ramen noodles, crunchy nuts, two kinds of cabbage, and a sweet and savory dressing, this Ramen Noodle Salad recipe is easy to make, pairs well with anything you can grill up, and is perfect for potlucks!
Servings 8 servings
- 6 cups Napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 6 scallions green and white parts, thinly sliced, divided
For the Crunchy Ramen:
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Use your hands to coarsely break up the ramen noodles into smaller chunks.
Add the broken ramen, almonds, sesame seeds, melted butter, and salt to a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Bake until the nuts are golden and aromatic, about 8 to 12 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
For the Slaw:
Right before serving, add all of the slaw ingredients (except 1/4 cup sliced scallion for topping) to the bowl with the dressing. Add about 2/3 of the crunchy ramen, reserving 1/3 for topping. Toss gently to combine.
- Instead of the Napa Cabbage, Red Cabbage, and Carrot: You can substitute with 1 (16-ounce) pack of tri-color coleslaw (with green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrot). Or you can use a broccoli slaw mix!
- Storage: Once this salad is combined with the dressing, I like to serve it within 4 hours because the cabbage has the tendency to wilt. However, you can make all the components ahead of time and store them separately for up to 5 days before combining and serving.
Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 1143mg | Potassium: 523mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3249IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 3mg