Meatza with Italian Sausage, Bell Pepper, Onion, and Olives
This Low Carb Meatza Pizza with Italian Sausage, Bell Pepper, Onion, and Olives shows that you can get a fully satisfying pizza experience without the crust!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound mild Italian turkey sausage bulk, not in casing
- 1/2 cup low-carb tomato pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded Muenster cheese I used Cabot
- 4 slices green bell pepper
- 3 slices red onion
- 2 tablespoons Kalamata olives pitted and halved
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Spread the sausage out to a circle about 10 inches in diameter on a large baking tray. Bake until fully cooked, about 20 minutes. Gently blot off excess liquid once cooked.
Turn the oven up to 425F.
Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cooked meat. Sprinkle on the cheese. Top with the green bell pepper, red onion, and olives.
Bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes at 425F.
You can run it briefly under the broiler after that if you want the cheese to brown in spots.
- Net Carbs: 10g per serving
- I like to use Italian turkey sausage to make Meatza because it’s already seasoned! Just look for one that doesn’t have sugar added.
- To use veggies that have a lot of water (such as mushrooms and/or bell peppers) as a topping, slice them very thinly or quickly saute them first.
- If you want to add ground beef as a topping for any pizza, be sure to brown it first!
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 1456mg | Potassium: 539mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 940IU | Vitamin C: 111.4mg | Calcium: 240mg | Iron: 11.6mg