Monterey Chicken takes BBQ chicken to the next level by smothering it with Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, and a few fresh veggies. It’s a fun new twist on leftover chicken or a delicious way to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts!
Servings 1 serving
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken see Note
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 scallion green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 1 slice beef bacon cooked until crispy and then crumbled
- 5 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 slice red onion optional
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Mix together the chicken and BBQ sauce and spread it into a 12-ounce gratin dish. Top with the cheese and scallion.
Bake until the chicken is warm and the cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Top with the crumbled bacon, tomato, and red onion.
- You can use pulled BBQ chicken if you have that on hand! Alternatively, you can use cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (per serving, use about 4 to 6 ounces of cooked chicken breast topped with 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce).
- Note that the nutrition information for this recipe was calculated using regular (not sugar free) BBQ sauce. For the low carb version, use sugar free BBQ sauce.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 713mg | Potassium: 467mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 830IU | Vitamin C: 22.7mg | Calcium: 223mg | Iron: 1.9mg