Pesto Sauce Recipe
This 10-minute Pesto Sauce Recipe packs bold flavor with just 5 ingredients and 0g net carbs per serving, and is delicious on grilled meat, sandwiches, pasta, salad, and more!
Servings 24 servings
- 3 large cloves garlic peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt optional
- 4 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves rinsed and patted dry (no stems)
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts toasted in a dry skillet and cooled
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese freshly grated
Add the garlic and salt to a food processor and pulse until chopped.
Add the basil and pine nuts and pulse a few times until coarsely chopped.
Stream in the oil with the motor running, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
Add the cheese and pulse a couple times until combined.
- Net Carbs: 0g per serving (2 tablespoons)
- This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of Pesto, which is about 24 (2-tablespoon) servings.
- Store Pesto covered in the fridge for up to 5 to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months. If freezing Pesto, ice cube trays work well so you can thaw a small amount if necessary. I find that once Pesto is thawed, it is best used the same day.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 229IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg