Copycat Crumbl Cornbread Cookie Recipe
This Copycat Crumbl Cornbread Cookie recipe features thick, soft, and chewy buttery vanilla cookies with a balanced sweet and salty flavor and slightly coarse cornbread-like texture because of yellow cornmeal.
Servings 15 servings
- Honey for drizzling on top (optional)
For the Cornbread Cookies:
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper or silpat baking mats.
Add the butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, honey, vanilla, and butter flavor to a large bowl. Use a handheld electric beater to mix until well-combined. Beat in the egg. Add the flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, and beat just until combined.
Chill the dough for 10 minutes in the fridge.
Use a 1.5-tablespoon scoop to measure out the dough. Arrange it evenly on the 2 baking trays, and bake until the cookies are light golden and set on the outside, about 10 minutes, rotating the trays once halfway through.
Let the cookies cool to room temperature before topping with the buttercream, about 20 minutes.
For the Honey Buttercream:
When the cookies are cooled, make the buttercream. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and use a handheld electric mixer to beat until smooth and creamy.
Dollop about 1 tablespoon of buttercream on top of each cookie. If desired, drizzle a little honey on top.
- Recipe Yield and Serving Size: This recipe makes 15 cookies. Each serving is 1 cookie.
- Nutrition Information: The nutritional information for this recipe was calculated without the additional honey drizzled on top.
- Storage: You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week. Wait to add the buttercream until right before serving.
- How to Freeze: Leave off the buttercream until they’re thawed and you want to serve them. Let these cookies cool to room temperature. Layer them between pieces of parchment paper in an airtight container, and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, let the cookies thaw to room temperature and then add the buttercream on top.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg