Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry Recipe whips up in just 30 minutes with only 11g net carbs per serving! It has a sweet and sour savory garlic and ginger sauce and lots of veggies.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 1/3 cups prepared Cauliflower Rice for serving
- 2 scallions green and white parts, thinly sliced, for serving
Stir together all ingredients for the chicken in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, or overnight.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken (and its marinating liquid) and cook until browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Don’t stir until the chicken is browned on the first side.
Add the onion and bell pepper, and cook until the vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the sugar snap peas and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
To serve, add 1/3 cup of cauliflower rice to an individual bowl and top with 1/4 of the stir fry. Garnish with scallion if desired.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Net Carbs: 11g per serving
- Cooking this dish uncovered helps reduce and thicken the sauce without the need for thickener.
- Try this recipe with your favorite low carb vegetables! Steamed broccoli instead of sugar snap peas is also delicious.
- Check out this post for step-by-step photos of how to make cauliflower rice.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 471mg | Potassium: 824mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1679IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2mg