This step-by-step guide for How to Make Cauliflower Rice will show you just how quick and easy it is to make. It’s a great side dish for so many meals!
Within the past 5 years or so, cauliflower rice has become hugely popular. You can now find “riced” cauliflower in the produce area of many regular grocery stores. And you can even frequently get frozen riced cauliflower too!
The thing is, you pay a premium for fresh riced cauliflower, and frozen riced cauliflower is a bit too mushy for my taste. I’m going to show you how to make cauliflower rice, and you won’t believe how fast and easy it really is. Plus you can flavor it any way you like!
How to Make Cauliflower Rice Video
Steps for How to Make Cauliflower Rice
This is faster and easier to make than you might think!
Step 1: Trim Off the Leaves
This is as easy as it sounds! Use a sharp paring knife to trim the leaves off the cauliflower head.
Step 2: Wash the Cauliflower
To wash a head of cauliflower, simply run it under cool running water, and then pat it dry.
Step 3: Shred!
Grab your box grater (yup, the one you use to shred and grate cheese), and shred your cauliflower head! I also include the stem because why not, right?
Step 4: Give it a Quick Sauté
Heat a medium to large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. I find that a small head of riced cauliflower (about 1 1/2 pounds) needs a large skillet. Add oil (I usually use avocado oil), and then add the cauliflower. Cook until the cauliflower starts to soften, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pro Tip: You can also add any seasonings or spices you want, such as salt and black pepper.
Step 5: Serve
Serve your delicious low carb cauliflower rice warm with anything you like!
How Long Does Cauliflower Rice Last in the Fridge?
Leftover cauliflower rice will keep well in a covered glass container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze it for up to 6 months.
Does Trader Joe’s Sell Cauliflower Rice?
Yes, Trader Joe’s sells cauli rice in the produce area! Just know that you’ll pay a premium for buying riced cauliflower instead of a head of cauliflower that you can easily shred into riced cauliflower yourself.
How to Use Cauli Rice:
- As a side dish with Low Carb Butter Chicken
- Make into a Low Carb Chili Garlic Steak Rice Bowl
- In Thai Pineapple Fried Cauliflower Rice with Chicken
- Transform it into Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Trim the leaves off of the cauliflower head.
- Rinse the cauliflower under cool running water and pat dry.
- Use a box grater to shred the cauliflower (the same side you’d use to shred cheese).
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the oil. Once hot, add the cauliflower and cook until it’s just starting to soften, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
- Net Carbs: 5g per serving
- This is the basic method for how to make cauliflower rice, but you can play with the flavor profile! You can also add any seasonings, herbs, or spices you like.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!