This Canned Chicken Salad Recipe is easy to make in less than 10 minutes! It’s creamy like tuna salad and seasoned simply with seasoned salt, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. This version is healthier than most and replaces most of the mayo with Greek yogurt!
I remember my mom having her friends over for ladies’ luncheons when I was a kid. She’d make mint-flavored iced tea or lemonade to drink and fruit salad for dessert. She’d usually serve one of two things for lunch: a pretty arranged salad on a bed of greens along with a couple of sides (one of which was always cottage cheese with chives, which was her favorite), or tuna salad sandwiches.
My sister and I always felt so grown up at those lunches. And to this day, tuna salad sandwiches are a favorite of mine! This chicken salad is based on classic tuna salad, but with chicken instead of tuna and some of the mayo replaced with Greek yogurt. It’s incredibly simple, but always a favorite.
Canned Chicken FAQs
Is Canned Chicken Cooked?
Yes! Canned chicken is fully cooked.
Should Canned Chicken be Rinsed?
No, canned chicken doesn’t need to be rinsed. Simply drain out the liquid and it’s ready to use!
How Long is Canned Chicken Salad Good For?
Store this Canned Chicken Salad covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Healthy Canned Chicken Salad Recipe
This recipe is healthier than most because of a few easy swaps!
- I replace 2/3 of the mayo with Greek yogurt to lower the fat and bump up the protein.
- I add a bit of celery to increase the fiber and fullness factor a bit.
- Look for chunk chicken breast in water. Some brands have no-salt-added, which will help reduce the sodium if that’s a concern!
More Creamy Salad Recipes:
- The Ultimate “Mock” Tuna Salad (Vegan)
- Creamy Crab Salad
- Egg Salad with Bacon and Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- Creamy Broccoli Salad
- Cauliflower Potato Salad (Mock Potato Salad)
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Canned Chicken Salad Recipe
- Stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Serve, or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days before serving.
- Eat on top of salad greens, in a sandwich, stuffed in pita bread, or spread on crackers.
- Net Carbs: 4g per serving
- If desired, omit the onion and use 1 thinly sliced scallion instead.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!