This Bacon Egg Salad Recipe with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing is full of flavor and makes a perfect quick meal or packed lunch.
Growing up, the only thing worse than finding tunafish in my lunchbox was finding egg salad there.
And the real problem was that I (and everyone else) knew it was there even before I opened my lunch. (Such is the problem of potent-smelling sandwiches when you’re a kid!)
So believe me when I tell you that egg salad is a newly acquired taste for me.
But my version of egg salad is so different from what I grew up with, it’s hard to even call it the same thing.
For starters, let’s talk about texture. I know a lot of people who like their egg salad mashed into oblivion (my mom included). I prefer mine with some texture. For the most part, I just chop the hard-boiled eggs, and mash up literally just a couple of pieces of yolk.
Now, as far as flavor goes, I like my egg salad with a super flavorful dressing. (Because let’s face it, egg salad can sometimes be bland.)
Honey mustard and a few spices liven up my version, and so does the addition of bacon for smokiness.
How to Eat Egg Salad
Of course egg salad is a classic sandwich filling, but I also enjoy eating it open-faced on a slice of good bread.
And here are a few more ideas on how to eat egg salad:
- On a bed of lettuce
- As a wrap
- On toast
- Put it in a bento box along with some cheese, nuts, pickles, and vegetables like sliced cucumber, carrots, or celery
More Unique Sandwich Filling Recipes to Try:
- Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad
- Dill Pickle Tuna Salad
- Apple Cranberry Turkey Salad
- Canned Chicken Salad
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Bacon Egg Salad Recipe with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- 3 tablespoons plain unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika or any kind of paprika you like
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 scallion green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley plus more for garnish if desired
- 1 slice turkey or beef bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs hard-boiled and cooled, and then peeled and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Whisk together the yogurt, oil, honey mustard, Worcestershire, paprika, and garlic powder in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add the scallion, parsley, bacon, and egg and toss gently to combine. (You can mash up the egg a bit if you want.)
- Taste and add salt and black pepper as desired.
- Serve chilled, garnished with parsley if desired.
- Net Carbs: 3g per serving
- If you don’t have honey mustard, you can use 3/4 teaspoon yellow mustard and 3/4 teaspoon honey instead.
- Instead of the Greek yogurt, you can use mayo if you prefer.
- To keep this a low carb meal, serve it on a bed of lettuce instead of as a sandwich.
This post was first published on An Edible Mosaic on September 3, 2014. I updated it with more information on April 29, 2020.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!
Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files says
I don’t usually care for egg salad but I would love this recipe with the honey mustard!
Sarah | Drool-Worthy says
THIS I am making. Yum. Beautiful.
I love egg salad! LOVE. We usually don’t do bacon because there is a vegetarian in the house, but I think I am going to have to make myself a very bacony mini-batch of this sometime very soon. :)
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Thanks for reminding me how awesome egg salad is.. I definitely need to recreate your recipe!
Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health says
i love egg salad too but i dont make it nearly enough..im really intruiged by beef bacon, never heard of it before.
I’ve honestly never tried it…I love eggs- just something about the thought of a salad made from them? Yours sounds so good though- maybe I’ll have to break myself in haha
Scrumptious! This egg salad is fantastic.