Sunny-side-up fried eggs, fresh salsa, avocado, queso fresco, and fresh herbs come together for a 10-minute Egg Skillet Breakfast Recipe that packs a punch of flavor and nutrition.
Do you prefer a sweet or savory breakfast?
Something like my Sous Vide Egg Bites with Bacon and Cheddar (it’s a Starbucks copycat!) are ideal. But truthfully, it doesn’t matter much to me, but the one requirement I have is that it’s fast. Cottage cheese, unsweetened yogurt, or even dinner leftovers are all fair game.
The great thing about this easy Egg Skillet Breakfast recipe is that it takes just 10 minutes to make. And who doesn’t love sitting down to a warm, nourishing breakfast?!
Easy Egg Skillet Recipe - A Healthy, Delicious, and Easy Breakfast!
This skillet breakfast tastes like something you’d get at a restaurant. It really is that good!
But that’s not the best thing about this easy breakfast.
It’s also loaded with nutrition from eggs + tomato + avocado!
But that’s not the best thing about it either.
What makes this egg skillet recipe really great is that it comes together fast and is so easy to make!
It’s as easy as making fried eggs and topping with a few things.
How to Make Sunny-Side-Up Eggs
The only trick to this one skillet breakfast recipe is in making sunny-side-up eggs! And once you get the hang of it, there’s really no trick to it at all.
To make sunny-side-up eggs:
- Heat a small amount of oil (I use avocado oil) in a small nonstick skillet over high heat until the oil is very hot.
- Carefully crack the eggs into the skillet.
- Cook until the eggs are starting to get crispy on the bottom and the egg white is cooked.
Pro Tip: Don’t flip the eggs for sunny-side-up eggs!
More Hearty Breakfast Ideas:
- Low Carb Biscuits and Gravy
- Tex-Mex Breakfast Bowls
- Breakfast Burritos
- Smoked Paprika Zucchini Hash Breakfast Bowls
- Herbed Eggs Baked in Cream with Feta
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Egg Skillet Breakfast
- Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over high heat. Once hot, carefully crack the eggs into the skillet. Cook until the eggs are set according to your preference (don’t flip them for sunny-side-up!).
- Transfer the eggs to a shallow bowl. Top with the Fresh Salsa, avocado, queso fresco, scallion, and cilantro leaves.
- Net Carbs: 5g per serving (whole recipe = 1 serving)
- This recipe makes 1 serving, but can easily be adjusted up depending on how many people you want to feed.
- Don’t flip the eggs for sunny-side-up eggs!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items, which helps me keep this site alive – thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!