This Low Carb Chili Garlic Steak Rice Bowl pairs leftover steak and cauliflower rice with a flavorful easy sauce for a quick and easy healthier take on a rice bowl!
During warmer months, dinner on the grill is the norm. Whether its burgers, chicken, fish, or steak, throw it on the barbeque and just let it do its thing!
I had extra steak in my fridge and instead of just serving it up as boring leftovers I completely reworked it into a Low Carb Chili Garlic Steak Rice Bowl!
Starting with leftover grilled steak means that the protein portion of the meal is already taken care of. You can buy pre-riced cauliflower at the grocery store, or shred a head of cauliflower on a box grater. Garlic and crushed red pepper flakes pack a punch of flavor. Sesame oil and scallion take it to the next level and the real pièce de résistance is a fried egg on top (should you choose to add it!).
Steak and Rice – Make it Into a Bowl!
One of my favorite things to ask people is what their favorite meal is. What can I say? I’m actually a 90-year-old grandma at heart, and I love feeding people! Even more so if I can feed them their favorite dish.
But anyway, one of the most common answers I get to this question is steak and rice! This combo is hearty and comforting, and can be switched up by adding different seasonings, sauces, or vegetable side dishes.
This Low Carb Chili Garlic Steak Rice Bowl is a wonderful healthy alternative to a regular steak and rice meal. It’s lower in carbs and has the added nutrition from cauliflower.
What To Do with Leftover Steak
Next time you’re making steak, cook up an extra one because there are a ton of delicious ways to use up leftover steak!
Use your leftover steak to make the following meals:
- Cobb salad with steak instead of chicken
- Burritos or tacos
- Steak hash with potato or other veggies
- Easy Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Leftover Grilled Steak with Easy Mushroom Stroganoff Sauce
- And of course, use leftover steak to make this Low Carb Chili Garlic Steak Rice Bowl!
Rice Bowl Recipes
You might also know them as power bowls, burrito bowls, taco bowls, Buddha bowls, or salad bowls!
No matter what you call them, rice bowls are easy to customize and a great way to pack a ton of nutrition into a single meal.
Here are a few more must-try rice bowl recipes:
- Mexican Rice Bowl
- Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowl
- 20 Minute Greek Chicken Rice Bowl
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls
- Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl
More Healthy Steak and Cauliflower Rice Recipes to Try:
- Mongolian Beef Over Cauliflower Rice
- Korean Beef Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Steak Fajita Bowls with Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Low Carb Chili Garlic Steak Rice Bowl
Chili Garlic Steak:
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 scallions green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 2 fried eggs for serving (optional)
- For the cauliflower rice, heat the oil in a medium-large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the riced cauliflower and cook until it starts to soften, about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently so it doesn’t brown. Turn off the heat and stir in the coconut aminos, sesame seeds, salt, and black pepper.
- For the chili garlic steak, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the steak, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt, and cook until the steak is warm and the garlic is fragrant, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- To serve, transfer the cauliflower rice to a serving dish. Pour the chili garlic steak on top. Drizzle on the sesame oil and top with the scallion.
- If desired, top each serving with a fried egg.
- Net Carbs: 8g per serving
- Riced Cauliflower: Look for riced cauliflower in the fresh produce section of your supermarket, or make it yourself. To make it, grate fresh cauliflower on a box grater (the same side that you’d use to shred cheese).
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products I believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, I will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items. Thank you for helping to support An Edible Mosaic!