This 10-Minute Sundried Tomato and Rosemary Fondue will be the hit of your holiday party!
With how busy we all are this time of year, I know it’s tempting to avoid cooking. After all, if you can eat out or have a party catered you avoid having to cleanup too, which is a total perk.
But I have a 10-minute (and one-pot!) appetizer or party food that will make you a rock star at your next holiday gathering.
Fondue is one of my favorite cheese dishes, but it’s something I don’t usually take the time to make at home (read: I never make it at home!). And I’m particular about my fondue, so we very seldom eat it at restaurants too. The best thing about this version is how easy it is to make and how fast it comes together; we all can spare 10 minutes for fondue, right? Especially if you want a new dish to try for your holiday party!
Here I took a little Italian inspiration and flavored my fondue with garlic, sundried tomatoes, and rosemary; it’s a classic combo that’s always a crowd-pleaser. I used GO VEGGIE Vegan Classic Plain Cream Cheese and GO VEGGIE Lactose and Soy Free Mozzarella Shreds, so even folks who are lactose-intolerant can enjoy this fondue. These GO VEGGIE products have more calcium than regular cheese, plus less calories, fat and saturated fat, and bonus, no cholesterol. And they’re gluten free as well! (Side Note: If keeping this dish gluten free is a concern, be sure to serve this fondue with gluten free dippers, such as gluten free bread or crackers, fruit, and/or vegetables.)
And bonus, if you have leftover fondue you can spread it on a sandwich (instead of cheese and mayo) or thin it out with a little milk as needed and toss it with pasta (along with steamed broccoli and maybe grilled chicken) for a quick dinner!
Do you have a go-to dish that you always bring to holiday parties?
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil (or light olive oil)
- 1 medium clove garlic, crushed or grated
- ½ cup (120 ml) plain, unsweetened almond “milk” (or any kind of milk you like)
- 1 (8 oz/227 g) container GO VEGGIE Vegan Classic Plain Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- ½ (7 oz/198 g) pack GO VEGGIE Lactose and Soy Free Mozzarella Shreds
- 1½ tablespoons chopped sundried tomatoes, packed in olive oil and drained well
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh or toasted bread
- Sliced apple
- Fresh vegetables, such as carrot sticks or cauliflower florets
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk and cream cheese, whisk until smooth, and then whisk in the mozzarella shreds.
- Continue cooking (whisking constantly) until the mozzarella shreds are melted.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the sundried tomatoes, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Serve warm, with bread, crackers, fresh fruit or vegetables, or anything you like for dipping.
Disclosure: I received the GO Veggie! products that I used in this recipe for free, and I also received compensation for this post. I am happy for the opportunity to share brands that I believe in with my readers, and I hope you enjoy my recipe. As always, opinions stated are my own.