Just like the topping at Starbucks, these cinnamon dolce sprinkles are a fun way to add flavor to your favorite coffee shop beverage.
This one is for the cinnamon lovers. This copycat Starbucks recipe is every bit as tasty, and of course you’ll save money by making it at home. Also, it’s so quick and easy to make, you might just never order it again!
When I say easy, I mean 5 ingredients (and 1 of them is optional), and less than 5 minutes. Brew a cup of joe, top with a little dollop (or a big dollop, shout-out to Jack Black in The Holiday) of whipped cream, and add cinnamon dolce powder. Savor and enjoy the moment.
And the uses for cinnamon sprinkles don’t end with coffee! In this article, I give tons of other delicious suggestions for how to use them.
What Are Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles?
Cinnamon dolce sprinkles is a sweet cinnamon topping available at Starbucks. It’s used to top some of their specialty coffee beverages, including Cinnamon Dolce Latte and Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte.
The Best Easy Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles Recipe
Our homemade sprinkles whip up in less than 5 minutes and are every bit as delicious as the topping at Starbucks!
Ingredients in Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Topping
On the Starbucks website, they list the ingredients in cinnamon dolce topping (which refers to their cinnamon dolce sprinkles) as the following: sugar, cinnamon, salt, extractives of butter (milk), and other natural flavor.
The ingredient list looks pretty good, but I did have questions about a couple items. I’m unsure why milk is in parentheses after “extractives of butter”. And also, what exactly does “extractives of butter” mean?
And of course the obvious questionable ingredient is “natural flavor” because it’s anybody’s guess as to what it is.
So let’s talk about what’s in our homemade cinnamon coffee sprinkles!
Ingredients in Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles Recipe
- Granulated white sugar – we use regular white sugar as the sweetener for these coffee sprinkles
- Nonfat powdered milk – this is the secret ingredient that makes this sweet topping more like “sprinkles” and less like plain old cinnamon sugar; sometimes you’ll also see this labeled as dry milk or milk powder. Also, you don’t have to use nonfat, you can use whole milk powder if you prefer
- Ground cinnamon – this is the main flavor component in our sprinkles
- Salt – we only need a pinch of salt to balance the sweet flavor profile; if you like salted caramel, you will love a touch of salt here
- Butter extract – this is the second secret ingredient; it adds a touch of rich buttery flavor that takes our sweet coffee sprinkles over the top
How to Make Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles
This recipe is ridiculously easy to make! Just add all ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. The only thing to make sure of is that you mix in the butter extract (if using) as evenly as possible.
For best flavor, store these cinnamon dolce sprinkles in an airtight jar at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
How to Use Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles
You can use these cinnamon sprinkles the same way they do at Starbucks – as a sweet topping for lattes and other coffee-based drinks! Of course, if you want something even more decadent, first top your drink with whipped cream, and then add cinnamon dolce sprinkles.
Here a few other delicious ways to use these sweet cinnamon sprinkles:
- To sweeten oatmeal
- Sprinkled on top of pancakes, waffles, or French toast
- As a sweetener for unflavored, unsweetened yogurt
- In place of cinnamon sugar; for example, sprinkled on top of buttered toast
- Sprinkle a little in a peanut butter and banana sandwich
Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles FAQs
What Drinks at Starbucks Have Cinnamon Dolce Topping?
There are 4 Starbucks drinks I know of that have a sweet cinnamon sprikle topping:
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Cinnamon Caramel Cream Cold Brew
- Cinnamon Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew
If you know of any other drinks at Starbucks that have cinnamon dolce topping, let me know in the comments below!
Does My Local Starbucks Drinks Have Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles?
There are 2 ways to find out:
- Go into your local Starbucks and ask the barista.
- Use the Starbucks store locator to search for one of the drinks listed above that has cinnamon dolce sprinkles.
And of course, you can just make your own cinnamon sprinkles at home!
More Starbucks Copycat Recipes to Make
- Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars – I’m hard-pressed to want to wait for the holidays because these are just so darn good
- Paradise Drink Starbucks Copycat – the Pineapple Passionfruit Refresher with creamy coconut milk added!
- Copycat Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino – tastes just like the real thing
I love hearing from you!
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment.
You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media.
To stay up-to-date, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles Recipe (Starbucks Copycat)
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nonfat powdered milk
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 2 drops butter extract optional
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Enjoy on top of your favorite coffee beverage!
- Recipe Yield and Serving Size: This recipe makes 4 tablespoons of cinnamon dolce sprinkles, which is 12 (1-teaspoon) servings.
- Storage: For best flavor, store these cinnamon dolce sprinkles in an airtight jar at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Leave a Reply