This copycat Starbucks Paradise Drink combines the bright flavors of pineapple and passionfruit with a touch of creamy coconut in a cool, refreshing beverage that’s perfect for summer. Or you can leave out the coconut milk for a copycat of the Pineapple Passionfruit Refresher!
We’ve been having heat advisory warnings here in Florida for the past week or so. Temps have only been in the mid-90s, but the real feel has been well over 100! Coupled with super high humidity, I’ve been looking for ways to stay cool.
I love the bright, sweet/tart tropical flavor of pineapple (it’s delicious made into pineapple popsicles!). Last week when I saw that Starbucks had a new pineapple drink (Pineapple Passionfruit Refreshers® Beverage), I couldn’t wait to try it.
Refreshing indeed, this sweet, tangy, creamy drink is definitely aptly named!
With a blend of pineapple and passionfruit juices and a little kick from green coffee extract, it’s cooling and thirst-quenching, tangy and sweet, and great for summer.
But it doesn’t stop there. The new Paradise Drink Starbucks Refreshers® Beverage takes it one step further with the addition of creamy coconut milk!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Given the fact that it was inspired by a drink that is part of the Refreshers® line at Starbucks, it will come as no surprise that this drink is indeed extremely refreshing! Sweet and tangy pineapple and passionfruit are a great way to quench your thirst.
- It’s super quick and easy to whip up at home! And you’ll save money making it in the comfort of your own kitchen rather than buying it.
- This drink is naturally gluten-free and dairy-free.
- You can choose to caffeinate it – or not! Just add green coffee extract for a little jolt if desired.
The Best Copycat Starbucks Paradise Drink
This Starbucks copycat drink starts with the Pineapple Passionfruit Refresher base and adds creamy coconut milk! The result is paradise.
Ingredients in the Paradise Drink
- Pineapple juice
- Passionfruit juice
- Unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- Green coffee extract – optional; this will add caffeine
- Crushed ice
- Canned crushed pineapple – or you can use freeze-dried pineapple like Starbucks does
How to Make It
Simply mix everything together and enjoy. There is no special equipment needed!
If you want to make this ahead of time, you can add everything except the ice to a pitcher. Keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. When you want to serve it, give it a good stir and then pour it into a glass with ice.
The Best Tips for Success
- Starbucks Pineapple Passionfruit Refreshers® Base contains white grape juice concentrate. If desired, add 2 tablespoons of frozen white grape juice concentrate (thawed) to each drink.
- Canned crushed pineapple adds texture to the drink. Starbucks uses freeze-dried pineapple, which you can use instead if you prefer.
- Green coffee extract adds a bit of a caffeine jolt to this beverage. You can add it if you like, but it’s completely optional.
Starbucks Paradise Drink FAQs
What is a Pineapple Passionfruit Refreshers® Beverage at Starbucks?
According to Starbucks, this drink contains the following: ICE, PINEAPPLE PASSIONFRUIT REFRESHERS BASE [WATER, SUGARS (SUGAR, WHITE GRAPE JUICE CONCENTRATE), NATURAL FLAVORS, CITRIC ACID, GREEN COFFEE EXTRACT (FOR FLAVOR), BETA CAROTENE (FOR COLOR), REBAUDIOSIDE A], FREEZE DRIED PINEAPPLE.
Above: A Pineapple Passionfruit Refresher, which is like a Paradise Drink but without coconut milk.
What is in the Paradise Drink at Starbucks?
The Paradise Drink is basically just the Pineapple Passionfruit Refresher with coconut milk added!
The Starbucks website describes this drink as follows:
Tropical flavors of pineapple and passionfruit combine with diced pineapple and creamy coconutmilk to create a delicious island escape.
And the ingredients are listed as follows: ICE, PINEAPPLE PASSIONFRUIT REFRESHERS BASE [WATER, SUGARS (SUGAR, WHITE GRAPE JUICE CONCENTRATE), NATURAL FLAVORS, CITRIC ACID, GREEN COFFEE EXTRACT (FOR FLAVOR), BETA CAROTENE (FOR COLOR), REBAUDIOSIDE A], COCONUTMILK [WATER, COCONUT CREAM, CANE SUGAR, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, COCONUT WATER CONCENTRATE, SEA SALT, NATURAL FLAVORS, XANTHAN GUM, GELLAN GUM, CORN DEXTRIN, GUAR GUM, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, AND VITAMIN D2], FREEZE DRIED PINEAPPLE.
Does Pineapple Refresher Have Caffeine?
Yes. This drink contains caffeine from green coffee extract.
Starbucks says that a 16 fluid ounce “grande” Pineapple Passionfruit Refreshers® Beverage contains 45 mg of caffeine.
More Cold Drinks to Chill Out With
I love hearing from you!
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment.
You can also tag @anediblemosaic on social media.
To stay up-to-date, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Copycat Starbucks Paradise Drink
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup passionfruit juice
- 2 tablespoons canned unsweetened full-fat coconut milk stirred before pouring
- 1/8 teaspoon green coffee extract optional
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons canned crushed pineapple in juice drained
- Stir together all ingredients.
- Recipe Yield: This whole recipe makes 1 serving. It’s easy to scale up to make multiple servings!
- White Grape Juice Concentrate: Starbucks Pineapple Passionfruit Refreshers® Base contains white grape juice concentrate. If desired, add 2 tablespoons of frozen white grape juice concentrate (thawed) to each drink.
- Canned Crushed Pineapple: This adds texture to the drink. Starbucks uses freeze-dried pineapple, which you can use instead if you prefer.
- Green Coffee Extract: This adds a bit of a caffeine jolt to this beverage. You can add it if you like, but it’s completely optional.
- Make Ahead: If you want to make this ahead of time, you can add everything except the ice to a pitcher. Keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. When you want to serve it, give it a good stir and then pour it into a glass with ice.
What brand of juices do you all use and where can you find them. I have. It found in my local grocery store. Are any of you using the white grape or green teas additives
Sharon, I use Dole pineapple juice and Ceres passion fruit juice blend. I find them both at my local grocery store (Publix), but they’re also both available on Amazon (each is linked to in the recipe card). Hope you enjoy it!
By far the easiest copycat recipe to follow. Taste amazing!!!
Wow, I like this even more than the drink at Starbucks, and it doesn’t have the last half dozen ingredients that the Starbucks recipe has! Super refreshing!